Air7000 RAAF Base Edinburgh - Phase 2B
The new Air7000 facility is stage 2B of a major upgrade at RAAF's Edinburgh Base and Westside has been selected as the Mechanical Services specialist contractor.
The project will deliver facilities, infrastructure and airfield works for the introduction of the Boeing P-8A Poseidon aircraft to:
- RAAF Base Edinburgh (South Australia)
- RAAF Base Darwin (Northern Territory)
- RAAF Base Pearce (Western Australia)
- RAAF Base Townsville (Queensland)
- HMAS Stirling (Western Australia).
The proposed facilities include administration, operations, simulation and training, maintenance hangars, workshops to conduct operational level maintenance, aircraft pavements, aircraft rinse facilities, explosive ordnance facilities and associated engineering services.